Often known as ‘heaven on earth’ in complement to its sister Rock Lodge (‘heaven in heaven’), the luxurious Ulusaba Safari Lodge is about down a cover of historical timber on the sting of a dry riverbed in South Africa’s Mpumalanga province.
Keep in exquisitely embellished treehouse-style rooms and suites linked collectively and to the principal lodge by swing bridges.
In addition to the superior sports viewing accessible at this luxurious vacation spot, there’s a full complement of actions on supply:
you’ll be able to discover the bush on safari walks, make a journey to the close by Blyde River Canyon, uncover the native Shangaan tradition or simply calm down within the on-site Spa, swimming swimming pools, and different facilities.
The meals are elegant, ready by world-renowned cooks, the service distinctive, and the environment magical and romantic, making the luxurious Ulusaba Safari Lodge an implausible wedding ceremony and honeymoon vacation spot.
Ulusaba Safari Lodge Review & African Safari Guide
Ulusaba is Sir Richard Branson’s Private Safari Recreation Reserve situated within the Sabi Sand Reserve in South Africa.
The hill on which Ulusaba Non-public Recreation Reserve’s lodge sits supplied the traditional Shangaan warriors with the right lookout level. “The place of little concern” was subsequently the right title for this famed stretch of the bushveld.
Immediately, the Ulusaba Safari Lodge presents a unique sort of journey. Positioned on the sting of a dry river and beneath a cover of historical timber, you may take rope swing bridges between rooms and watch thirsty animals skirt by your deck on their solution to the close-by waterhole. Alternatively, retreat to the treehouse to get misplaced in birdsong.
Ulusaba is thought for the standard of its safari expertise, with a number of the most skilled Rangers and Trackers within the nation.
Their crew is inspired to let their personalities shine, so you’ll be able to calm down as quickly as you step off the aircraft at their personal airstrip.
All visitors at Ulusaba Safari Lodge can anticipate luxurious lodging, excellent meals, twice-day-by-day sports drives, safari walks, unforgettable views, and loads of smiles when you’re right here with us within the African bush.
Ulusaba means “place of little concern”.
That’s as a result of the koppie the place Rock Lodge sits supplied the traditional Shangaan warriors with the right lookout level.
Spend time at Ulusaba Safari Lodge and also you’ll be flying with the eagles, or take a stroll on the wild aspect again all the way down to earth at Safari Lodge.
Each Lodge is roughly 500 meters away from one other and is extraordinary in their very own means.
Every supplies singular and distinctive expertise – one thing you’ll bear in mind perpetually. We advise you to go to each one!
Sir Richard Branson owns Ulusaba, which is a renowned retreat and a part of Virgin Limited Edition. The personnel and rangers of Ulusaba are among the most knowledgeable and skilled in the field, and they provide a distinctive service in the finest Virgin fashion.
The Rock and Safari lodges at Ulusaba provide two distinctive experiences that entice visitors to book stays at both. Safari Lodge has nestled away behind a canopy of trees and was constructed in the form of a treehouse, while Rock Lodge gives panoramic views over kilometers of jungle.
- A treehouse suite is hidden in the thick canopy, ideal for honeymooners.
- Nearby waterhole attracts a diverse range of local wildlife.
- Bush observatory for incredible stargazing.
Children of all ages may enjoy a variety of free, educational, and entertaining activities at Ulusaba’s Cubs Club.
In addition to providing visitors with the chance to volunteer their time by visiting our local schools, learning more about our community projects, and meeting local entrepreneurs from the village, Pride ‘n Purpose, Ulusaba’s charitable arm, focuses on assisting underprivileged communities surrounding the Sabi Sand Reserve.
- Sabi Sand Reserve, Kruger National Park, South Africa
- Ulusaba is approximately a 1 hour and 20-minute flight from the international airport in
- Johannesburg (OR Tambo International) or 30 minutes from Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport (KMIA)
The 23 rooms and suites at Ulusaba are divided among three lodges. The Safari Lodge, sometimes known as “Heaven on Earth,” is situated across a dry riverbed. Swing bridges connect the luxurious treehouse-style rooms of the Safari Lodge.
The “Heaven in Heaven”-style Rock Lodge is only around 500 meters away. With views of the South African wilderness below, Rock Lodge is positioned high atop a koppie. Visitors may split their stay between the two lodges for the best experience.
- Safari Lodge can accommodate up to 22 guests in 11 rooms and suites
- Rock Lodge and Cliff Lodge (a 2-bedroom suite perfect for some added privacy) can
- accommodate a total of 20 – 25 guests
Our workforce is primarily from the nearby communities, so our visitors experience true South African warmth. Where they can, they encourage internal promotion, and our philanthropic endeavor, Pride ‘n Purpose, helps the neighborhood.
Some of the best and most knowledgeable rangers and trackers in the reserve are members of the 119-member Ulusaba family, who promise a once-in-a-lifetime game drive. We like going above and beyond for all of our visitors.
- Outdoor pool
- Fully equipped gym and Aroma Boma spa
- A variety of indoor and outdoor dining and relaxation areas with panoramic views of the bush
Ulusaba employees work hard to act ethically and sensitively because they are conscious of how their actions affect other people, society, and the environment. And we’re not just talking; we’re also about doing something.
Key goals include hiring locally, reducing waste production, supporting community charities Pride ‘n Purpose and Bush ‘n Purpose, and aiding the environment. The authority is fully committed to doing their part for the next generation, even though they are aware that certain reforms may take time.
- Fully equipped gym and Aroma Boma spa in both lodges
- The Aroma Boma spa at Ulusaba is the perfect antidote to all the excitement of being out on the game drives, from facial rituals to massages and essential grooming
Ulusaba Safari Lodge Policies
- Check in – Varies
- Check out – 10-11AM
- Prices Quoted on an Exclusive Basis
- No Pets
- Children Welcome at Rock Lodge (under 12)
- Rentable by the room
- Includes transfers to and from Rock Lodge from Ulusaba’s Airstrip
- Daily safari walks and twice-day wildlife drives
- Children under 6 cannot go on game drives
- Weddings can be organized
- Corporate events can be organized
- Please bring identification with you
- Required for non-residents is a passport
- Insurance for travel is advised
- All reservations are final
- Rates and fees are subject to modification without prior notice
- 50% down to book
- Balance due 60 days prior
- Amounts in RAND Visit xe.com to find out all about the exchange
- All meals served in a variety of locations around the lodges are included
- Chefs specialize in pan-African dishes influenced by many African cultures, flavors, and spices, using seasonal, local ingredients
- Private dining under the African sky, in the Boma, on a deck, or in the dining room
- Cubs’ Club (children) meals
- Wine cellar and wine room with tasting sessions on request
Other Recommended Reading
- How to Decide the Best Safari in May?
- Where to Go for a Safari in September?
- How to Make the Best Safari in January?
- Famous South African World Heritage Sites
- Safari Tour Guide in South Africa for Beginners
- How to Pick Your Best African Safari Trips
- Travel to Africa Safe – Chase the Adventure
- 10 All-time Thrilling South Africa Safari Tours
- What is the Best Wildlife Safari in the World?
- 19 Evergreen Expeditions Adventures and Safaris
- Bumi Hills Safari Lodge – Top Attractions and Facilities
- Victoria Falls Tours and Safaris Guideline
- Top Classic Africa Safaris for Pure Adventure
- The secret of Adventure in Masai Mara in February
- What is the Best Safari in December?
- Mind-blowing Safari Lodges in Botswana
- Victoria Falls to Kruger National Park – Cheapest & Easiest
- What is the Biggest Wildlife Safari in the World?
- What is the Best Time to Travel to Kenya?
- Facts about the Best African Country for Safari
- 16 Best Safari Trips in the World at Low Cost
- 20 Best Animal Safari Adventures in the World
- 17 Biggest Safari Adventure Near Me
- 14 Best Safari Destinations in the World