The Bumi Hills Safari Lodge attracts visitors from far and wide, along the shores of Lake Curiaba, and has unobtrusive views of wildlife. This Zimbabwean lease boosts romance in a secret Riviera in the heart of Africa at Caribou Lake. This article will give an overview of the Bumi Hills safari lodge.
Elephants and lions are among the many animals that call the stunning reserve of Bumi Hills, which is located on the banks of Lake Kariba, home. Bumi Hills Road, Lake Kariba is where you’ll find the Bumi Hills Safari Lodge.
Accommodation: Air-conditioned luxury en-suite rooms overlooking Lake Kariba
Activities: game drive and walking, boat cruises, sunset cruises, fishing, birding, cultural visits
Highlights: Great view of Cariba Lake, boating, Tiger fishing
Destinations: Bumi Hills, Caribou Lake, Zimbabwe
It is a great pleasure to see Lake Kariba from such a picturesque angle. Find your favorite spot at Zimbabwe’s Lodge on Caribou Lake and join a splurge of guests who have done the same.
Cocktail bars and dining terraces, pools, spas, and guest rooms all face the beautiful lake.
The Bumi Hills Safari Lodge offers safari enthusiasts, anglers, and couples a wonderful experience for those looking for a great vacation.
The beautiful infinity pool and spa meet the requirements for relaxation and regeneration, while the lodge offers an elegant ambiance and delicious food provided the glorious lake and game-rich terrain can be explored at leisure in a variety of ways.
One of the travelers’ favorite activities is the Boat Bike Game, which is a very relaxing experience. Guided foot safari and traditional tiger game drives roam the coast as well as wildlife in search of elephants, lions, and leopard leopards, but you will see hippos, crocodiles, and plenty of plains.
The life of the birds is widespread in this area. There is also a hide-and-watch platform for great game viewing.
Bumi Hills Safari Lodge is a major fishing destination, one of the best in Africa. You can fish all year long, but October is the month of the International Tiger Fishing Contest, which has been running since the 1960s.
For a change of pace and insight into the traditional culture, you can travel to a community village with a local resident Bumi Hills Lodge Guide. The Cariba lake is the home of the Tonga people.
Bumi Hills Safari Lodge facilities
- Alfresco terrace adjacent to the dining room and cocktail bar
- Main lounge with internet access, wildlife DVDs, board games, reference books
- A TV lounge with a satellite channel and a full-size snooker table
- The Infinity Swimming Pool overlooks the Kariba lake
- Wellness spa with sauna and chill pool and gym
The Bumi Hills Safari Lodge offers luxury Lake Caribou accommodation in 10 stylish suites, all with air conditioning and private deck views from Lake Kariba.
From your suite at Bumi Hill Safari Lodge, you can see elephants roaming the coast.
The 10 suites at Zimbabwe Lodge on Caribou Lake are all particularly magical because you can admire the views of the sunrise and sunset from your porch.
Baobab Villa has a 2 bedroom living room bar and indoor and outdoor dining deck. This private villa comes with a private butler, safari guide, and vehicles.
Room facilities and services
- Private deck
- En-suite bathroom
- Air conditioning and overhead fan
- Tea and coffee stations
- Daily laundry service
Enjoy the Zimbabwe safari on Lake Kariba, one of the largest man-made lakes in the world. You can reach the Bami Hills Safari Lodge by plane or boat transfer.
Zimbabwe is a great destination for vacation and safari and the Cariboo Lake and the surrounding wildlife area.
There are more animals than humans and the lake is full of fish. The life of the bird is widespread and one of its most famous inhabitants is the African fish gall, whose ghostly cry can be heard echoing over the water.
Directions to Bumi Hills Safari Lodge, on Lake Kariba, Zimbabwe
On the way to the sky
You can visit Bumi Hills Safari Lodge in the sky by Hari (1 hour 30 minutes), Victoria Falls (1 hour 40 minutes), Hwange (1 hour 30 minutes), or Mann Pool (30 minutes). You can also get to Kariba Airport and then take a short flight over water (15 minutes) or transfer a boat to the lodge.
GPS coordinates for the Bumi Hills Safari Lodge skyline
16° 48′ 59.99″ S, 28° 20′ 59.99 E
The Bumi Hills Safari Lodge is about 60 kilometers (37 miles) from the city of Kariba on the lake. You can transfer to the lodge by boat which takes 2 or 3 hours. The condition of the lake is weather dependent.
It is possible to drive a normal 2×4 vehicle on a turreted road from Harare to Caribou Once in the Caribbean you have to go to the lodge (15 minutes) or transfer a boat.
The only vehicles able to access the Bumi Hills Safari Lodge are 4×4 off-road vehicles – this option is for adventure riders only.
Take a boat safari, game drive, and bushwalk, or watch Tiger fishing and birds around Zimbabwe on a safari holiday in Zimbabwe at the Boomi Hills Safari Lodge. Cultural tours are also offered.
Your Zimbabwe safari can be packed to your liking or action, on Lake Kariba. The pool and spa at Bumi Hills Safari Lodge is the ideal place to spend some time on an adventure.
Or you can just pinch a sun owner over the cocktail bar terrace and watch the great sunset over the water.
Boat safaris, game drives, and bush walks
Your highly-trained guide takes you on a journey of discovery. There are interesting game-facing offers on the shores of Lake Kariba and the surrounding wilderness.
Big or small, your guide knows the habits and behavior of each animal.
Underwater Hide & Water’s edge game viewing platform is also part of the experience. If you want to go on Rhino trekking, the nearby Matushadona National Park is the place to go.
Vomiting is great for bird-watching. To name a few, African fish agall, bateleur agall, harrier hawk, martial agall, sacred Ibis, saddle-built stork, malachite kingfisher, and lilac-breasted roller to name a few.
Who can resist a hot stone massage on a spa deck while watching elephants walk by the arrows? Bumi Hills Safari Lodge Spa is a paradise for relaxation and includes a sauna, a private immersion pool, and a health bar.
How much does a room at Bumi Hills Safari Lodge cost?
55 kilometers southwest of Kariba town, on top of a hill, is where you’ll find Bumi Hills Safari Lodge. Bumi Hills Safari Lodge charges a nightly cost ranging from US$57.00 to US$1,130.00.
Is there a pool at Bumi Hills Safari Lodge?
Yes, there is an outdoor pool at this property. Anglers, couples seeking a romantic getaway, and safari aficionados may all enjoy a well-rounded experience at Bumi Hills Safari Lodge.
Bumi Hills Safari Lodge Activities
- Drive games day and night
- On the Safari boat to Lake Kariba
- Tiger fishing (catch and release)
- Sunset Cruise
- Safari is on the way
- Cultural Philosophy
Other Recommended Reading
- 34 African Birds – List | Prey | Names | Ecology | Habitat | Traits
- Aardvark Interesting, Cool, Weird, Fun Facts – Traits | Habitat
- Small Five of Africa – Little 5 Creatures of South Africa to Explore
- 40 Big Five Animals Facts for African Safari and Wildlife Lovers
- 18 Adventurous Things to Do in Uganda for All Travelers
- African Elephant Facts – Profile | Traits | Habitat | Tusk | Behavior
- 28 Places to Visit Uganda – A Checklist for Travel Frenzy
- 53 Crazy Facts About Gorgeous Big 5 African Animals
- 33 Exclusive Creatures Don’t Miss In African Wildlife Safaris
- African Lion facts – Profile | Traits | Description | Behavior | Habitat
- Common Eland – Profile | Facts | Traits | Behavior | Habitat | Diet
- 60 Interesting, Fun Facts about The African Big Five
- The Big Five Animal Facts – Why The Big Five Animals?
- African Penguin – Facts | Profile | Traits | Behavior | Habitat | Diet
- African Buffalo Interesting, Fun, Amazing Facts and Information
- African Leopard Interesting, Fun, Amazing Facts and Information
- Ant Lion – Life Cycle | Facts | Larvae | Adult | Trap | Pit | Diet | Size
- 5 Ugly Animals in Africa Are Actually Beautiful When
- Wildebeest Animal – Facts | Migration | Face | Profile | Predators
- Camp Okavango – Amenities | Highlights | Reviews