How to pick your best African Safari trips that are affordable and lucrative? Choosing the perfect destination for your African safari vacation can feel daunting as you experience a wide variety of safari experiences on the African continent, on the Big Five safari, walking safaris, river safaris on traditional canoeing, hot air ballooning, and marine safaris.
The possibilities can be endless and overwhelming with trying to figure out what kind of safari is right for you.
A safari is an incredible experience (which you have seen in books and on television) but in reality, bringing this experience to life is truly a special thing and a good safari experience leaves a lasting impression and inspires you to return.
In the hope that every safari trip you start is right for you, we put together a helpful guide to break your mind when it comes to choosing the wildlife destination that is right for you.
The great news is that for everyone in Africa, no matter how tight your deadline, no matter how deep your pockets or your sense of adventure, safari raises your pulse and your spirit grows.
Hopefully, it will bring you an inch closer to knowing where you want to be and how your adventure unfolds.
The Complete Guide to Picking the Ideal Safari
- Choose the Things You Want to See.
- Pick the correct season of the year to travel.
- What will be your health concerns, vaccines, repellants, etc?
- Which month is ideal for an African safari?
- Choose the Degree of Independence You Want.
- What is the typical price for a safari in Africa?
- How long should a safari last?
- Which country’s safari is superior—this one or that one?
- What attire is inappropriate for an African safari?
- What’s the price range for the safari?
- On a safari, what should you do or not do?
- Can you use the restroom while on a safari?
- Choose the things you wish to view.
- Pick a region in Africa to explore.
- Your list of must-do activities
- Be mindful of your traveling companions.
- Choose Your Mean of Transportation.
- Where do you plan to stay?
- What documents and/or permissions to take from authorities?
- How to choose an African Safari?
Big Five Safari – First Timer
While the Big Five (Lion, Elephant, Leopard, Rhino, and buffalo) are mostly on the safari bucket list, travelers are enjoying a classic safari experience in the African bush. Finding the Big 5 should be part of your best African Safari trips.
South Africa and Tanzania are the most popular destinations for the Big Five safari because they never disappoint.
A ride on an open-top Land Rover at sunrise or sunset presents an up-close encounter with the Big Five and encourages new respect for Africa and the people who live there.
A truly humbling experience, a Big Five safari allows you to connect your roots with the primitive animals and enjoy nature’s best while roaming the grasslands of Africa by means of your best African Safari trips.
If this is high on your African bucket list and you would like to add a ‘wow’ factor to your bush experience, we recommend visiting Kenya or Tanzania during the annual mammal migration.
Witness one of the world’s natural wonders, while nature’s oldest pilgrims play on the annual Serengeti and Masai Mara reserves, where more than a million wildebeest, gazelles, and zebras travel to healthy pastures.
The land is the most significant movement of mammals on the earth, crossing the plains and rivers, with changes in the land.
This wonder also attracts some of the continent’s most notorious predators; Big cats, hyenas, and even crocodiles are never far behind than waiting with wonder and intent.
If you like sharing a selection of friends and strangers alike, or if you just enjoy a better experience, then you may want to clear the iconic safari destinations that bother travelers around the world.
Choosing a private safari will ensure a more intensive wildlife viewing experience with some reserves, enforcing a strict policy that limits the number of vehicles to visit. It guarantees uninterrupted game viewing and is less intrusive for animals.
Botswana’s Okavango Delta is one of Africa’s unique safari destinations, as many camps and lodges are accessible only by light aircraft in the name of your best African Safari trips.
Zambia is one of Africa’s most distant safari gems with a great game and a sense of true desert.
When safaris are Africa’s most iconic tourist attraction and a popular holiday destination among many foreigners, crowds are hard to escape.
Balance of Bush and Beach
It’s easy to overstate all the possibilities Africa can offer and miss out on what a holiday really needs; Some well-deserved R.R.R.
Spend most of your time on vacation, doing several Google searches, budget planning and ultimately selecting an itinerary that ticks all the boxes and is 100% error-free.
You wrestle with what to pack, decide on airline plans, and whether you travel by car, train, or perhaps even bus.
When you are on vacation, you may encounter layovers, delays, and long lines at immigration before reaching your destination.
You are working hard so it is really important to schedule some well-deserved rest and relaxation on the travel plans of your best African Safari trips.
Now we are calling it not the beaches or the herbs but the herbs and the beaches. A safari is an experience you will treasure forever, but after a few days of being spoiled for choice, you want to change the pace – every good vacation includes the best of both worlds.
Africa is compatible with some of the most beautiful beaches in the world and is the perfect destination for cooling down beaches, visiting penguins in Cape Town, or visiting some of the most remote Balmy resorts in Tanzania.
Traveling bodies and minds can bring about it, so after an epic week of bushes, you will welcome the opportunity to unwind on a white sandy beach with a crystal blue sea can be your best African Safari trip.
Luxury or adventure
Don’t have a budget? No problem. While a safari is an inherently expensive holiday, what you may not know is that Africa is also known for a wide range of budget-friendly safari options.
From luxurious lodges and villas to camping and self-drive safaris, there are many options you won’t need to revisit your own home to visit.
Self-drive and camping safaris not only save you a lot of money but also allow you to be more unique and adventurous, as you have the ability to create your own travel plans.
Pack up, fly in, collect your pre-booked vehicles, load up and enjoy a lifetime of adventure.
What to see
When planning your trip you should make a list of interesting things that you really want to see. This is very important when traveling to Africa because it is one of the few continents that truly offers it.
Perhaps you are looking forward to seeing an elephant or endangered wild dog, or looking for an adrenaline-packed vacation with white water rafting, hikes, swimming with seals, or hot air balloon safaris.
It is important to note what your expectations are and what your budget and time constraints are. With a little bit of planning ahead, your bucket list should be able to sustain African adventure as a part of your best African Safari trips.
Other Recommended Reading
- 34 African Birds – List | Prey | Names | Ecology | Habitat | Traits
- Aardvark Interesting, Cool, Weird, Fun Facts – Traits | Habitat
- Small Five of Africa – Little 5 Creatures of South Africa to Explore
- 40 Big Five Animals Facts for African Safari and Wildlife Lovers
- 18 Adventurous Things to Do in Uganda for All Travelers
- African Elephant Facts – Profile | Traits | Habitat | Tusk | Behavior
- 28 Places to Visit Uganda – A Checklist for Travel Frenzy
- 53 Crazy Facts About Gorgeous Big 5 African Animals
- 33 Exclusive Creatures Don’t Miss In African Wildlife Safaris
- African Lion facts – Profile | Traits | Description | Behavior | Habitat
- Common Eland – Profile | Facts | Traits | Behavior | Habitat | Diet
- 60 Interesting, Fun Facts about The African Big Five
- The Big Five Animal Facts – Why The Big Five Animals?
- African Penguin – Facts | Profile | Traits | Behavior | Habitat | Diet
- African Buffalo Interesting, Fun, Amazing Facts and Information
- African Leopard Interesting, Fun, Amazing Facts and Information
- Ant Lion – Life Cycle | Facts | Larvae | Adult | Trap | Pit | Diet | Size
- 5 Ugly Animals in Africa Are Actually Beautiful When
- Wildebeest Animal – Facts | Migration | Face | Profile | Predators
- Camp Okavango – Amenities | Highlights | Reviews