Benefit from the old-world attraction of Kirkmans Kamp historic and cultural safari lodge, positioned within the spectacular Sabi Sand Private Game Reserve, in the nature of Kruger National Park.
Kirkman’s Kamp is situated on a ridge overlooking the spectacular Sand River in the renowned Sabi Sand Game Reserve. The reserve benefits from a wide variety of animals, however, it is particularly well known for its frequent leopard sightings. It shares an unfenced border with the Kruger National Park. 26 000 acres are covered by game drives, and severe vehicle restrictions during sightings guarantee the uniqueness of a close-up animal-watching experience.
In the Sabi Sands Game Reserve, which has some of Africa’s greatest animal densities, Kirkman’s Kamp is situated on magnificent real land. A guarantee is seeing the Big 5. With its African Homestead aesthetic, the camp’s design evokes the 1920s.
In this article, I am going to talk about Kirkmans Kamp Sabi Sands, reviews, rates, and beyond, prices, Wetu, Africa, etc.
Kirkman’s Kamp highlights
- Expertise in the ambiance of a bygone period
- An implausible area for Leopard sightings
- Thrilling night game drives and Huge 5 encounters
This camp is centered on the unique 1920s homestead, permitting friends to expertise a traditional colonial-type safari within the coronary heart of the Sabi Sands Recreation Reserve.
Kirkman’s Kamp has the ambiance of bygone colonial life. There are 18 snug suites, overlooking the savannah at your Sabi Sands sports lodge.
The principal lodge has an inviting environment and a pervading sense of historical past. The eating and bar space incorporates many relics of bush life within the final century.
This space of the Sabi Sands is thought for its excessive focus on Leopard, and you might be positive to see these shy animals.
The early morning sport drives, led by professional rangers are the proper method to view the wildlife in consolation, together with the big 5.
You can even get pleasure from fascinating guided bush walks that are a good way to study in regards to the fascinating natural world within the area.
Kirkmans Kamp Africa Stay & African Safari Guide
The ancient Harry Kirkman property has been exquisitely refurbished; the 18 delightful apartments look out over the bushveld, and lush lawns around the lodge and swimming pool, provide breathtaking views of the pristine terrain that surrounds the Sand River.
You’ll believe you’ve traveled back in time as soon as you enter Kirkmans Kamp’s main guest area. The fact that a warthog is grazing on the grass rather than a nicely dressed group of people playing croquet does nothing to destroy this image; rather, it all contributes to the atmosphere of this South African homestead from the 1920s.
For luxurious Sabi Sands lodging, Kirkman’s Kamp presents refined old-world attractions with the environment of an outdated South African homestead.
One in all of Kirkmans Kamp’s 18 luxurious suites will probably be your Sabi Sands lodging that includes expansive views of the encompassing bush.
Expertise is a slice of historic Africa’s colonial attraction however with fashionable dwelling comforts akin to air-conditioning, web services, and a glowing swimming pool.
The eye element and impeccable service guarantee a genuine safari ambiance at this Sabi Sands lodging.
Attention-grabbing mementos of the previously discovered everywhere in the homestead are thoughtfully built-in into the streamlined, but the luxurious decor of this intimate camp.
Kirkman’s Kamp Services and Facilities
Kirkman’s Kamp and its 18 cabins are perched high above the Sand River, overlooking sweeping green lawns that descend to a bluff overlooking rocks where leopards have their dens and giant knob-thorn acacias stand sentry.
The camp’s entire atmosphere is colonial, and the period-appropriate furnishings and brightly glistening brass doorknobs serve as symbols of its everlasting tranquility. Stuffed trophy heads look down from large, inviting couches and glistening oak flooring within the roomy main lodge.
Potted ferns and vintage wooden seats with hurricane lamps hanging over them may be seen outside the cottages.
- Patio with viewing deck
- En-suite with the ball and claw tub and separate bathe
- Ceiling fan
- In-room protected
- Tea/coffee services
- Lounge space and library
- TV Lounge (satellite tv for pc channels)
- Exterior eating space
- Web services
- Curio Store
BEST TIME TO TRAVEL: any time of year; March to October offers the best chances to see wildlife.
SUGGESTIONS FOR CHILDREN: Yes, family love staying at this resort. Visit our page on family travel.
GUEST SAFETY: Because the lodge is not gated off, we kindly ask that visitors exercise utmost caution at all times.
LODGE AMENITIES: Personal verandas, a pool, and an outdoor boma
Kirkman’s Kamp is home to a variety of antelope species, including impala, waterbuck, duiker, kudu, bushbuck, and nyala, as well as giraffe and warthog. The location is well recognized for some of the greatest leopard encounters in Africa, but the actual star of the show at Sabi Sand is the leopard. Typically the most reclusive of the African cats, this timid and secretive creature is
Kirkman’s Kamp Activities
On a South African safari at this cultural lodge, get pleasure from scrumptious meals served on shady verandas or in candlelit bush settings, and replicate your excellent sport viewing experiences.
From Hazyview, which is close to the Sabi Sand Game Reserve, this breathtaking helicopter trip takes off. Fly over cascading waterfalls and up the escarpment to God’s Window, where you can take in the Blyde River Canyon and its expansive vistas. Land at a breathtaking vantage point and have a picnic there. You will be driven back to your game lodge after your flight.
Open 4×4 autos take you on a journey to recollect, monitoring the wondrous sports lifetime of the Sabi Sands Private Reserve Reserve throughout your unforgettable African safari.
You might additionally get pleasure from a guided bush stroll on a South African safari at this lodge.
Sabi Sands Recreation Reserve presents journey and pleasure at each turn. Whether or not it’s the hauntingly lovely African wilderness or the unimaginable wildlife shows, a South African safari at this lodge is timeless and rewarding expertise to recollect.
On game drives, it’s common to see lion prides with territories in the Sabi Sand region. The cheetah can also be spotted in Sabi Sand, but less frequently than the leopard or lion. This fearsome predator, which is designed for speed rather than strength, typically hunts during the day while its adversaries, the lion, and the leopard, are resting. This propensity of hunting during the day occasionally results in breathtaking sights of the world’s fastest animal in action.
In several groups in the Sabi Sand, the intriguing social structure of the spotted hyena may also be plainly seen.
In addition, Sabi Sand is home to a wide variety of species, including numerous raptors and water birds that cluster in the reeds along rivers. The bateleur is a common sight in the sky over Sabi Sands because of its unusual form and energy-efficient flight style.
On the reserve, you may frequently see the martial eagle, which is the biggest bird in Africa. In Sabi Sand, several knob thorn trees and other huge trees are adorned with enormous nests, which are shaped like inverted cones.
Dwelling to a host of wildlife together with the wanted big 5 – elephant, lion, leopard, rhino, and buffalo – the Sabi Sands is explored twice a day by day with game drives led by extremely educated rangers and trackers.
Why visit Kirkman’s Kamp
At this evocative camp, located in one of the most well-known wildlife zones in the world, the spirit of safari comes alive with impeccable and polite service, completing the old-world ambiance.
Visit Kirkman’s Kamp for the following reasons:
- Day and night game drives, walking safaris, and bush hikes.
- The genuine setting of a Transvaal farmstead in the 1920s.
- One of the most well-liked resorts in the Sabi Sand, it is ideal for all travelers and welcomes families with young children.
- Infused with Harry Kirkman’s legacy; – Family-friendly, laid-back atmosphere.
- Well-known for leopard sightings.
- The Kruger National Park and the Big Five game reserve share an unfenced boundary that spans 6,300 hectares (15 000 acres).
Accommodation at Kirkman’s Kamp
Eighteen guest cottages with their own verandahs that provide stunning views of the surrounding wilderness make up the bedrooms.
Each cottage includes an en-suite bathroom with a ball and claw bath and is decorated in the same manner as the main home. Everything, with the exception of the air conditioning and overhead fans, is as original as possible.
There is an ensuite bathroom with a separate shower among the accommodation amenities.
– A full selection of amenities for guests, including shampoo, bath oil, body creams, etc.
– Screening that is insect-proof on all windows and sliding doors.
– Dryers for hair.
– The provision of insect repellent in all bedrooms and on all vehicles.
– Current magazines in every bedroom.
Private verandahs with a view of the bush
– Clean water.
– Free laundromat service (minimum 2 nights stay).
– Making tea and coffee
Kirkman’s Kamp Bush Walks
An armed ranger, bursting with data, and a profound ardor for the bush will escort you on these adventures.
It is a thrilling alternative to find intimately the sights, smells, and sounds of the bush at your leisure, as nature meant.
The Cascades And Canyon Spectacular
Take a step back in time and enjoy the traditional ambiance of this authentic 1920s farmhouse. Each of the lodge’s 12 guest cottages offers breathtaking views of the pristine scenery that encircles the Sand River. Here, old meets contemporary, with claw foot baths, fireplaces, and private verandas providing a cozy and welcoming atmosphere.
Antique-styled beds smoothly mix with modern amenities. A rim-flow swimming pool with views of the Sand River lies hidden among the forest. Breakfast and lunch are provided on shaded verandas, and delectable tea is given on the lawn. Delicious Pan-African cuisines may be enjoyed at dinner in a boma or by candlelight. A dinner is a fascinating event.
This spectacular helicopter flight begins at Hazyview, close to your Sabi Sands lodging. Observe the cascading waterfalls on the slopes of God’s Window and the Blyde River Canyon.
Take pleasure in a pleasant picnic to benefit from the picturesque setting earlier than returning again to your Sabi Sands sports lodge.
Family travel at Kirkman`s Kamp
Children are welcome at the kid-friendly Kirkman’s Kamp, where families may travel.
When an exclusive use safari vehicle is reserved, wildlife drives may be customized to smaller children’s shorter attention spans, departing and returning to the lodge whenever convenient. Families may take advantage of the swimming pool.
There are a few triple rooms that may be accommodated at the lodge. This implies that if parents choose to share a room with a younger kid who is 16 years old or less, an additional bed will be set up in the parents’ room.
Game drives are available to kids 12 and older while not utilizing an exclusive use car. At the lodge managers’ discretion, children between the ages of six and twelve are allowed on game drives. While children under the age of six are not permitted on game drives, childminding services can be offered for a fee both during game drives and during meals.
AWARE Child Program
WILDchild is a fun, engaging program created specifically for kids visiting lodges that provides possibilities for learning and exploring new experiences and cultures. Each kid will be given a bag with the WILDchild logo upon arrival to Kirkman’s Kamp, which will include a notebook, crayons, pencils, and a pawprint tattoo. Every kid receives a personalized welcome message, and those under three receive a soft toy with an African theme.
Kirkmans Kamp is located within the Sabi Sands Recreation Reserve in South Africa, adjoining the mighty Kruger Nationwide Park boasts scenic views of the Sabi plains and has wildlife in abundance.
The Sabi Sands Recreation Reserve in South Africa is famed for its intimate wildlife encounters. Big 5 game and plenty of different species roam freely throughout the fenceless boundary with Kruger Nationwide Park, creating one of many richest wilderness areas on the African continent.
Recreation drives traverse an enormous space on this numerous panorama with off-road driving offering the very best entry for sports viewing.
Strict vehicle limits at sightings of African wildlife make sure the exclusivity of your expertise.
This historic Kirkmans Kamp lodge within the Sabi Sand Recreation Reserve, South Africa is located in the jap part of the nation within the province of Mpumalanga. Friends can get to Kirkmen by street or air.
How To Go to Kirkmans Kamp
Friends have a selection of flying to Nelspruit or Hoedspruit, which is then adopted by a street switch to the lodge.
Air constitution could be organized to fly friends to Skukuza airstrip within the Kruger Nationwide Park, which is adopted by a street switch to the lodge.
A constitutional flight from Johannesburg to Skukuza takes 1.5 hours and is scheduled for the morning or early afternoon to go away time for a day sport drive.
- Federal Air offers daily direct flights from Johannesburg International Airport to Kirkman’s Kamp.
- From Johannesburg International Airport (JIA) to Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport,
- Federal Air now operates daily scheduled flights (KMIA).
- The cost of the air transfers (20–30 minutes) from KMIA to the lodges is extra.
The space between Nelspruit and Kirkman’s Kamp is roughly 150km (90 miles), taking 1 hour and 45 minutes to drive. Hoedspruit is a couple of three-hour drive from the lodge.
There’s a ‘money solely’ entrance charge payable at Shaw’s Gate of Sabi Sands Recreation Reserve (per automobile and per visitor).
If utilizing a GPS navigator, please don’t comply with the route by way of Kruger Park as you have to to pay the Park’s day charge along with the Shaws Gate entrance charge.
The lodge is a couple of 6-hour drive from Johannesburg. The final 10km (6 miles) of the street won’t be tarred.
- By Road, A recommended route from Pretoria or Johannesburg.
- To get to Nelspruit and White River, take the N12 or N4 route.
- From Nelspruit, take the R40 to Hazyview. After 34 kilometers, watch for signs pointing to the private game lodges on the left-hand side of the road, which are indicated by a right turn into the
- R536 at Hazyview, which leads to the Paul Kruger Gate.
- Turn left onto a dirt road (signposted), and continue for about 8.6 kilometers. Observe directions to Shaw’s gate.
- Follow the directions to Newington Gate from Shaws Gate.
- There will be an admission charge that you must pay.
Kirkman’s Kamp Instructions
- Motorists from Johannesburg ought to take the N12 / N4 to Nelspruit
- Then take the R40 from Nelspruit to White River and Hazyview
- In Hazyview on the 2nd visitors gently, turn alongside the R536 in the direction of
- Skukuza Paul Kruger Gate, for 37.5km (23.3 miles)
- Take a left turn onto the gravel street after the Lisbon Farm Stall, the place you see a Kirkman’s
- Kamp signal. Hold proper all the way in which to Shaws gate
- There’s an automobile entrance charge into the Sabi Sands Recreation Reserve, payable on arrival
- As soon as contained in the reserve, move Sabi Sabi and Lion Sands and hold going straight
- Cross over the 4-way intersection
- There will probably be a cut-up within the street, keep proper
- Observe this street and switch left simply after the growth on the Kirkman’s Kamp signal
- As you strategy the Lodge, please bear in mind that you’re in a wilderness space the place predators and high-profile game roam (don’t go away your automotive for any cause)
The mood is maintained in your room. Polished cement flooring, light blue and white draperies, grey velvet tub seats, and pristine white sheets contrast with the dove-grey walls’ authentic black-and-white pictures of vintage hunting parties. White claw-footed bathtubs, spacious showers, and white wood-paneled walls are all features of the bathrooms.
However, if you choose Sabi Sands, you have arrived to witness the fantastic game. The Big 5 are all present, along with a plethora of other animals. This region is particularly well-known for its leopard population, which is the most elusive member of the group. On early morning and late night game drives, your expert ranger and Shangaan tracker will take you to see some amazing wildlife sightings.
The Safari Shop features one-of-a-kind handmade goods, and a sala provides massages and cosmetic services. Our fun-filled WILDChild program is specifically created for kids visiting our safari resort. Two times daily game drives, informative bush and wildlife walks, photography classes, birdwatching, stargazing, private and photographic safaris, and a game of tennis are just a few of the thrilling things available.
You may find the in the Kirkmans Kamp intriguing nocturnal critters that hide out during the day by using a portable flashlight at night. Watch out for hunting civets, genet, scrub hares, bush infants, and of course, leopards.
Other Recommended Reading
- How to Decide the Best Safari in May?
- Where to Go for a Safari in September?
- How to Make the Best Safari in January?
- Famous South African World Heritage Sites
- Safari Tour Guide in South Africa for Beginners
- How to Pick Your Best African Safari Trips
- Travel to Africa Safe – Chase the Adventure
- 10 All-time Thrilling South Africa Safari Tours
- What is the Best Wildlife Safari in the World?
- 19 Evergreen Expeditions Adventures and Safaris
- Bumi Hills Safari Lodge – Top Attractions and Facilities
- Victoria Falls Tours and Safaris Guideline
- Top Classic Africa Safaris for Pure Adventure
- The secret of Adventure in Masai Mara in February
- What is the Best Safari in December?
- Mind-blowing Safari Lodges in Botswana
- Victoria Falls to Kruger National Park – Cheapest & Easiest
- What is the Biggest Wildlife Safari in the World?
- What is the Best Time to Travel to Kenya?
- Facts about the Best African Country for Safari
- 16 Best Safari Trips in the World at Low Cost
- 20 Best Animal Safari Adventures in the World
- 17 Biggest Safari Adventure Near Me
- 14 Best Safari Destinations in the World