Northern white rhinoceros or northern square-lipped rhinoceros (Ceratotherium simum cotton), one of two subspecies of white rhinoceros (the other is southern white rhinoceros). Northern white rhino subspecies, formerly found in several countries in eastern and central Africa in the south of the Sahara, is a grocer on grasslands and savannas.
Northern white rhino
There are two subspecies of white rhinoceros: southern white rhinoceros (Ceratotherium symmum cimum) and northern white rhinoceros. The northern white rhinoceros was virtually extinct after the last male Sudan’s last breath in March, but their tragic demise prompted efforts to invent a technology that could bring them back from the dead.
Other Recommended Reading
- White Rhino Population Graph over Time in the World
- Rhino Horn Trade – Ban | Fact | History | Statistics
- Javan Rhinoceros – Does a Rhino have Two Hearts?
- Sumatran Rhinoceros – Why are Sumatran Rhinos Important?
- African Rhino Extinct – Conservation Efforts Taken
- Where do Black Rhino Live -Black Rhinoceros Habitat
- Interesting Facts about White Rhinos
- Northern White Rhinoceros – Northern White Rhino Facts
- Are the Northern White Rhinoceros Extinct?
- African Rhino Facts – Why is the Black Rhino Important?
- Black Rhino Hunting – Why are Black Rhinos Hunted?
- White Rhino Diet – How much do White Rhinos Eat?
- Why are White Rhinos Endangered
- Javan Rhino Conservation
- How many Rhinos are there in the World?
- Is a Rhino Horn made of Bone or Ivory?
- How Much Does a Rhino Horn Weigh?
- What do White Rhinos Eat for Survival?
- White Rhino Extinct – Can We Save the White Rhino?
- White Rhino Conservation – How did White Rhinos go Extinct?
Since March 8, 26, only two rhinoceros are left in this subspecies, both female; The subspecies are virtually extinct, except for the existence of unknown or misclassified male northern white rhinos elsewhere in Africa. The two women are from the Dvir Krolova Zoo in the Czech Republic of Gondar, but live in the Ol Pazeta Conservancy in Kenya, and armed guards are protected around the clock.
According to the latest International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) assessment of 20, subspecies are considered “critically endangered (possibly extinct in the wild)”.
The northern white rhinoceros is a subspecies of white rhinoceros, which was widespread in different regions of Uganda, Chad, Sudan, the Central African Republic and the Democratic Republic of Congo. Many years of widespread victimization and civil war in the range of their homes have destroyed northern white rhinoceros and are now considered extinct in the wild. Both are in the OlePagetta Conservancy.
Richard Vegan, managing director of the Ol Pageeta Conservancy on Wednesday, said Wednesday that there are sanctuaries for the world’s two most northern whites, using the remaining two to prevent extinction.