Decadent and pleasant, Jao Camp has long been one of many Okavango Delta’s flagship luxurious camps, with attractive features, good location, and competitive price.
Jao Camp Botswana
Take pleasure in a therapeutic massage whereas admiring elephants, watch hippos from the elegant walkways, and lose your self within the pinnacle of luxurious safari.
Jao Camp gives solely 5 elegant and spacious suites, every that includes spacious bedrooms and a big outside deck with hammock and gazebo, raised off the bottom to supply great views of the encompassing floodplains.
As an opulent improvement, we even have 2 Villas, every with 2 bedrooms for the final word personal safari expertise.
In regards to the location
Personal Jao concession gives 150,000-acres of personal wilderness unique to our visitors at camp.
The seasonal waterways of Jao camp provide entry to recreation stuffed floodplains and savannah for a genuine Okavango water-activity expertise. Mokoro (canoeing) safaris are led by skilled native guides, providing wonderful Birding and Elephant & Hippo sightings.
Quick information on Jao Camp
- 9 giant and spacious tree suites
- Elegant candlelit dinners with wine
- Featured in Architectural Digest (2002)
- Underneath the cover of historic Okavango forest
- Most important lodge space gives a swimming pool
- Luxurious Bush Spa at Jao Camp
- Full Health club with state-of-the-art gear
- Complimentary WiFi entry
- Distinctive Fantastic Wine Cellar
A raised hide-out within the Jao Concession, situated about 20 minutes from Jao Camp, gives a non-public and strange immersion into the wilderness of the Okavango Delta with the flexibility to interrupt the confines of structured lodging and sleep-out underneath the African evening lulled by sounds of the bush winding down for the day.
Distinctive Activities at Jao Camp
- Premier Wilderness Camp
- Unique personal wildlife concession
- Everlasting water channels of Okavango
- Seasonal water actions (Jul-Sep)
- Guided Day & Evening recreation safaris
- Guided Canoeing safaris within the Delta
- Drives in customized open 4×4 autos
- Elusive antelope roam the island
- Numerous vary of actions inclusive
- Glorious birdwatching
- Stargazing with recognizing scope
- Full day picnic drives on Hunda Island (complement)
- Scenic helicopter flights (complement)
Uncommon Wildlife noticed at Jao Camp
- Giant prides of Lion
- Herds of Crimson Lechwe and Tsessebe
- Sitatunga are often seen
- Distinctive birding at Jao Concession (*IBA):
- Pel’s Fishing Owl
- Wattled Crane
- Swamp nightjar
- Brown Firefinch
- Meyer’s Parrot
- Black Heron
- Coppery-tailed coucal
- Black Crake
…and lots of extra avian treasures. *Internationally-renowned Necessary Birding Space
Fishing at Jao Camp
Fishing is strictly on a catch and launch foundation year besides January – February when fishing is barred by legislation for breeding.
There’s a critical scent of grandeur to the whole lot right here, with polished wood walkways and uncommon extras like a gymnasium and an indulgent spa.
9 huge suites are set far aside because the camp sprawls for over a kilometer by means of the leadwood and ebony bushes, making an everlasting feeling of exclusivity. It appears like pure opulence and the worth tag displays Jao Camp’s enhanced luxuries.
The camp’s guides are among the greatest we’ve seen within the Okavango they usually lead guests on totally tailor-made safari packages.
Daytime recreation drives reveal the eclectic residents of the Jao Concession, then nighttime drives convey moments of drama and thrill.
You’ll be able to strive mokoro and motorboat safaris, slowly constructing your itinerary to take pleasure in the whole lot that the world has to supply.
And what wildlife there may be to find! Jao Concession has an excessive density of resident cats and we’ve been delighted by the leopard sightings.
You’ll get to see all of the Delta favorites, like elephants and hippos, plus a variety of ungulates that graze throughout the plains.
Then all of it feels that little bit extra particular while you’re sleeping out on the unique star mattress, listening to the roaming animals.
- All suites have a double mattress
- Full board food and drinks
- Recreation drives in a 4×4 objective constructed safari automobile
- Evening drives
- Mokoro and motorboat safaris, plus seasonable fishing
- On web site spa (remedies at further value) and small gymnasium
- Two plunge swimming pools
- Customized Guided Safaris® meet & help on arrival
- All Native Air as relevant inside Botswana
- Luxurious Lodging at Jao Camp
- Guided canoeing and boating safaris
- Ornithology walks with specialized guides
- All meals included with drinks & positive wine
- Complimentary in-room minibar and cocktails on safari
- Natural toiletries and in-suite bath facilities
- Conventional afternoon safari tea service with canapés
- Complimentary laundry service and use of the gymnasium
- Your go-to help Rhino conservation
- All relevant authorities taxes, VAT and native charges
Other Recommended Reading
- Kirkmans Kamp Africa – Reviews | Rates | Amenities
- Mala Mala Main Camp South Africa – Reviews | Rate
- Rattrays on Mala Mala South Africa Game Reserve Reviews
- Savanna Private Game Reserve South Africa Review
- Leopard Hills Private Game Reserve South Africa Highlights
- Singita Boulders Lodge – Reviews | Amenities | Highlights
- Lion Sands Game Reserve – Reviews | Highlights
- Lion Sands Ivory Lodge – Reviews | Amenities | Facts
- Lion Sands Narina Lodge – Reviews | Amenities
- Lukimbi Safari Lodge – Reviews | Amenities
- Idube Game Reserve – Review | Features | Highlights
- Arathusa Safari Lodge – Description | Review | Room
- Inyati Game Lodge – Amenities | Reviews | Contacts
- Nkorho Bush Lodge – Reviews | Amenities | Rates
- Chitwa Chitwa Game Lodge – Reviews | Amenities
- Ulusaba Private Game Reserve – Reviews | Amenities
- Ulusaba Rock Lodge – Amenities | Reviews | Facts
- Ulusaba Safari Lodge – Amenities | Reviews | Travel
- Notten’s Bush Camp – Amenities | Reviews | Contacts
- Safari Park Africa of All-time for Magnificent Trips