Pronounced Ka-ka-na-ka, Camp Xakanaxa lies within the well-known Moremi Sports Reserve within the coronary heart of the Okavango Delta.
Camp Xakanaxa Botswana
Mendacity amid a signature panorama of islands, grasslands, and floodplains, this relaxed camp affords each a land and water safari expertise.
Boasting spectacular views of a lagoon by the identical identity, Camp Xakanaxa rests on the banks of the Khwai River.
Twelve luxurious safari tents are located on raised decks and cooled by a singular sprinkler system.
An elevated, thatched visitor space is positioned to miss the Khwai River and lagoon and is made up of an open-air lounge with giant snug couches and a sublime eating space the place very good meals are served.
A plunge pool and solar deck overlook the Delta waterways, giving friends the chance to spend a lazy day within the solar.
Adventures embrace sport drives, birdwatching, and water safaris by mokoro (conventional dugout canoes) that discover the sinuous channels of the Okavango Delta.
What we love about Camp Xakanaxa
- Absorb the spectacular views of the Khwai River and Xakanaxa Lagoon.
- A relaxed, pleasant safari camp within the well-known Moremi Sport Reserve
- Set amid signature Okavango Delta surroundings
- With land and water-based actions obtainable all yr spherical
- Solely 12 visitor tents, expansive shared areas, and two swimming pools
- Distinctive game viewing alternatives
- Calm down on the raised sundeck or cool off in your plunge pool.
- After a protracted day exploring the wonders of the Okavango delta, unwind whereas sipping on a gin and tonic around a blazing campfire on the fireplace deck.
Friends are accommodated in 11 spacious Meru-style luxurious tents containing ensuite loos and personal verandas furnished with snug chairs.
There may be additionally one two-bedroom household tent, with separate ensuite showers, hand basins, and bathroom services.
Each tent appears to be like out over the lagoon and the non-public deck is fitted with snug loungers. Shared areas embrace a library, lounge, and eating room all shaded below thatch.
There may be additionally a fire-pit, sundeck, and two swimming swimming pools the place you’ll be able to whereas away the hours in between game viewing actions.
Issues to do at Camp Xakanaxa embrace sport drives in open automobiles and energy boating all yr spherical.
Species typically noticed round this property embrace elephant, buffalo, giraffe, hyena, lion, and leopard in addition to a big number of antelope.
Birding can also be spectacular, notably within the hotter months when migrant species come to the Delta to breed. All outings are accompanied by licensed guides.
Constructed of native timber, reed and thatch Xakanaxa Camp include of a sublime lounge containing a small however complete library, eating room, expansive sundeck, plunge pool and sala with day mattress in addition to a fire-deck set below large Jackalberry bushes.
The reception lounge boasts a curio store. The camp operates on generator energy however at evening all lighting is provided by battery-powered lamps, candles, and paraffin lanterns, giving the camp a genuine African atmosphere.
Lettie Letsile, ably assisted by Timothy Hanks Damion, create a camp setting during which friends expertise a seamless service within the heat, pleasant type for which Africa is legendary.
The emphasis is on discreet private service, to make sure most visitor enjoyment. Like Lettie, a large number of camp employees have been taking care of friends at Xakanaxa for greater than ten years.
Other Recommended Reading
- Kirkmans Kamp Africa – Reviews | Rates | Amenities
- Mala Mala Main Camp South Africa – Reviews | Rate
- Rattrays on Mala Mala South Africa Game Reserve Reviews
- Savanna Private Game Reserve South Africa Review
- Leopard Hills Private Game Reserve South Africa Highlights
- Singita Boulders Lodge – Reviews | Amenities | Highlights
- Lion Sands Game Reserve – Reviews | Highlights
- Lion Sands Ivory Lodge – Reviews | Amenities | Facts
- Lion Sands Narina Lodge – Reviews | Amenities
- Lukimbi Safari Lodge – Reviews | Amenities
- Idube Game Reserve – Review | Features | Highlights
- Arathusa Safari Lodge – Description | Review | Room
- Inyati Game Lodge – Amenities | Reviews | Contacts
- Nkorho Bush Lodge – Reviews | Amenities | Rates
- Chitwa Chitwa Game Lodge – Reviews | Amenities
- Ulusaba Private Game Reserve – Reviews | Amenities
- Ulusaba Rock Lodge – Amenities | Reviews | Facts
- Ulusaba Safari Lodge – Amenities | Reviews | Travel
- Notten’s Bush Camp – Amenities | Reviews | Contacts
- Safari Park Africa of All-time for Magnificent Trips