Thorntree River Lodge, located within the Mosi Oa Tunya (Smoke That Thunders) Nationwide Park in Zambia, offers luxurious lodging in a space recognized for its plentiful wildlife.
Thorntree River Lodge Zambia
Every fashionable tented suite sits properly on the river financial institution with uninterrupted views over the Zambezi.
The lodge is about 15 kilometers upstream from the breathtaking Victoria Falls and presents an intensive vary of African experiences and actions.
If you’re in search of the final word first-time expertise in Zambia, then look no additional than Thorntree River Lodge.
This glorious and area of interest Thorntree River Lodge lies on the Livingstone aspect of Victoria Falls and is however a brief distance from the falls and city itself however makes you’re feeling you might be in the midst of nowhere.
Consisting of eight twin suites and a couple of family models, all constructed with an environmentally acutely aware design to suit into the encompassing panorama. Tented suites with indoor and outside loos plus your personal personal plunge pool.
Subsequent door to the main space is a spa and health club that you should use at your personal comfort – the spa is very handy, with incredible views over the Zambezi River it’s good once you want somebody to untie these small knots in your again out of your safari tour or river safari!
Thorntree River Lodge Highlights
- Spacious en-suite, fashionable tented models
- Personal decks proper on the water’s edge
- Breathtaking views of the Zambezi River
- Wildlife viewing within the Mosi Oa Tunya Nationwide Park
- 15km from the world-famous Victoria Falls
- Varied thrilling actions accessible, together with sport drives and Zambezi river cruises
- Swimming pool
- Glorious delicacies
Thorntree River Lodge has eight twin rooms and two household models, the latter of which everyone has 4 beds.
Each unit has its personal indoor and outside restroom and a personal plunge pool. The fashionable, luxurious tented suites are spacious and secluded, with personal verandas overlooking the Zambezi River and the African bush.
Every room presents twin or double beds with mosquito netting, overhead fan, and an en-suite restroom with all of the amenities obligatory for a cushty keep.
The Thorntree River Lodge has a spacious lounge with an open eating space that flows onto a temperature-controlled wine cellar the place high-quality wines are saved.
The culinary requirements are excellent and each dinner time is an event. There is a small library with Wi-Fi, a health club, and a spa.
An in-depth ‘floating’ timber deck overlooks the mighty Zambezi River and is residence to an infinity pool for cooling off between sport drives. There’s additionally an open-air boma for balmy evenings spent around a campfire.
Thorntree River Lodge is located in Zambia’s Mosi-Oa-Tunya Nationwide Park, only a quick distance from Livingstone and the well-known Victoria Falls.
A UNESCO World Heritage Website, Victoria Falls is, without doubt, one of the Seven Pure Wonders of the World and a must-see once you’re within the space.
Generally known as the “residence of the elephants”, Thorntree River Lodge has a frequent stream of elephant guests.
Recreation Viewing and Different Actions
Different thrilling actions accessible within the space embrace the next:
- Zambezi River cruises
- Recreation drives
- Helicopter flights over Victoria Falls
- White-water rafting
- Bungee leaping and high-wire actions
- African craft markets
Getting at Thorntree River Lodge
By air: Livingstone Airport is serviced by Kenya Airways, British Airways, and South African Airways. There are common flights from Johannesburg which take roughly 1 hour and 40 minutes.
Our Tackle Thorntree Lodge
Thorntree Lodge appears to be like recent and splendid. Now below the African Bush Camps umbrella, it is a part of a really respected, well-run assortment of lodges in Botswana, Zimbabwe, and Zambia.
Planning a wonderful safari itinerary amongst these lodges a thrilling possibility value contemplating.
Proprietor Beks Ndlovu is a piece of legendary information that is extremely revered within the trade.
The gorgeous views of the Zambezi River are what makes this camp so magical. The views actually are breathtaking and added with the distant rumble of the falls and sounds of the bush what extra may need?
The sunken boma on the principle deck is ideal for a romantic dinner for 2 or pre-supper drink with mates, sipping on gin and tonics with a small hearth to maintain the toes heat while watching the solar go down.
Adjoining to the boma deck is an infinity pool, supreme for a number of leisurely laps or to chill off from the noon warmth.
Thorntree River Lodge’s location close to the hubbub of Livingstone means actions are countless: from historical past and tradition journeys to purchasing, an array of water sports activities, adrenaline-fuelled actions or birding, fishing, 4×Four safari excursions and easily enjoyable and taking the whole lot in from your personal personal decking, you’ll be able to ebb and movement just like the river does at your personal tempo at this incredible lodge.
- Location: Livingstone, Zambia
- No of rooms: 8 tented suites, 2 tented family suites
- Style: Extremely chic and luxurious hideaway
- Highlights: Stunning views of the Zambezi River
- Dining: All together in the main mess area, private dining is also available.
- Accommodation and all meals
- All beverages (except premium imported spirits and champagne)
- Boating and fishing
- One trip to the Zambian side of Victoria Falls
- National parks fees
- Return Livingstone Airport road transfers
- Emergency medical evacuation insurance
- Free road transfers from Kasane or Victoria Falls Airport if staying with African Bush Camps in Botswana or Zimbabwe
- Visa fees
- International flights
- Travel insurance
- Items of a personal nature
- Staff gratuities
- Transfers between camps (one way)
Other Recommended Reading
- Kirkmans Kamp Africa – Reviews | Rates | Amenities
- Mala Mala Main Camp South Africa – Reviews | Rate
- Rattrays on Mala Mala South Africa Game Reserve Reviews
- Savanna Private Game Reserve South Africa Review
- Leopard Hills Private Game Reserve South Africa Highlights
- Singita Boulders Lodge – Reviews | Amenities | Highlights
- Lion Sands Game Reserve – Reviews | Highlights
- Lion Sands Ivory Lodge – Reviews | Amenities | Facts
- Lion Sands Narina Lodge – Reviews | Amenities
- Lukimbi Safari Lodge – Reviews | Amenities
- Idube Game Reserve – Review | Features | Highlights
- Arathusa Safari Lodge – Description | Review | Room
- Inyati Game Lodge – Amenities | Reviews | Contacts
- Nkorho Bush Lodge – Reviews | Amenities | Rates
- Chitwa Chitwa Game Lodge – Reviews | Amenities
- Ulusaba Private Game Reserve – Reviews | Amenities
- Ulusaba Rock Lodge – Amenities | Reviews | Facts
- Ulusaba Safari Lodge – Amenities | Reviews | Travel
- Notten’s Bush Camp – Amenities | Reviews | Contacts
- Safari Park Africa of All-time for Magnificent Trips