Singita Ebony Lodge has an attractive setting within the cool shade of big ebony bushes on the financial institution of the Sand River.
Singita is thought of the world over for its luxurious lodges, and the distinctive care taken of every visitor throughout their keep.
In the renowned Sabi Sand Private Game Reserve, Singita Ebony Lodge is a traditional stone and thatch lodge situated in a magnificent natural environment.
It has 12 private rooms that are the height of beautiful comfort and overlook the Sand River; two of the suites may be converted into family suites. Large rooms are decorated with a unique combination of warm, welcoming colors, textures, and layers. Private heated plunge pools, indoor and outdoor showers, en suite toilets, and spacious game-watching terraces round out the amenities.
As for the placement, few locations can match the sport depth discovered within the Sabi Sands – which is doubtless among the best reserves to see Africa’s Big 5.
Singita Ebony Lodge Review & Africa Safari Guide
The lodge additionally has a bar space and a standard open boma in addition to a gymnasium, health spa, library full of computer systems, and direct web hyperlinks in addition to an extremely well-stocked wine cellar.
The 12 super luxurious suites full of luxurious loos, indoor and out of doors showers, expansive dwelling space with double-sided fireplace place, mini-bar and fridge, private picket leisure decks with a non-public plunge pool in addition to air-con and ceiling followers.
The rooms have direct-dial telephones. Fairly merely, they’re a number of the most luxurious lodging in Africa, and Singita Ebony, together with its sister camp Singita Boulders are two of the continent’s most well-known properties.
The primary actions at Singita Ebony Lodge are recreation drives during the day and night time (into the night).
The swimming pool and personal plunge swimming pools present further areas to train and there are guided bush walks across the lodge neighborhood.
Group village journeys might be made to the close by villages exterior of the Sabi sand Reserve and the lodge store is remarkably effectively stocked with a variety of African artifacts and curios.
The Sabi Sand Singita Reserve is the residence of Singita Ebony and Singita Boulders and has its personal non-public airstrip, serviced by plenty of scheduled carriers in addition to non-public charters.
It also potential to self-drive into each camp although the overwhelming majority of purchasers fly into the camp.
Set off via large cat nation on morning and afternoon recreation drives led by Singita’s distinctive guides.
Between drives there’s loads of time to calm down in your suite or on one of many comfy decks, maintaining an eye fixed out for elephants and different wildlife on the river beneath.
In the evening dinners are served within the boma underneath the celebs, and your meal is accompanied by a bottle of wine from the intensive cellar which incorporates a few of Africa’s most sought-after reserve wines.
The Sabi Sands is a space recognized for prolific wildlife and unique recreation viewing to match any Africa Safari.
The absence of fencing signifies that animals migrate between the Kruger itself and the Sabi Sands.
The area is among the most prolific wildlife areas on this planet and the unique Singita reserve is among the largest of the Sabi Sand non-public reserves.
Singita Ebony Lodge Facilities
- There’s a swimming pool in the primary lodge space.
- Spa and health center services can be found.
- Our Singita Boutique & Gallery and Premier Wine Boutique.
- There’s a tv obtainable within the library on the predominant lodge.
- Dependent upon space protection, there’s a cell phone sign.
- There may be complimentary web (WiFi) entry, nevertheless, as a result of the distant location of the lodge, the wi-fi connection might be sluggish and intermittent.
- Electricity/power available: 220V. Converters are additionally obtainable and hairdryers are provided in every suite
- Kids of all ages are welcome. There are babysitting companies obtainable and tailored actions to swimsuit every household.
- Within the curiosity of security, youngsters’ participation in recreation actions is at the discretion of your information.
Singita Ebony Lodge Accommodation Summary
Type: Safari Lodge
Location: South Africa
View Location: See on Map
Special Interests: Adventure, Big 5, Birding, Cycling, Flora, Gourmet, Hiking, Leisure, Shopping, Star Gazing, Wildlife, Wine
Actions right here include recreation drives in open-sided automobiles and bush walks taken by your skilled information and tracker. The service and hospitality at Singita Ebony are of the very best commonplace and are actually priced at each penny!
Your entire entrance wall of every suite between the bedroom and the veranda is manufactured from glass permitting mild flooding.
Outside pavilion decks – ultimate for eating and enjoyable – are suspended above the riverbanks as if hanging from the bushes.
A fantastic marble and forged iron desk is the furnishings centerpiece for this idea –
it’s a traveler’s desk with sensible instruments, a non-public eating room desk for entertaining, or a bar to get pleasure from a night gin & tonic in a single.
Combining a keep at Singita within the Sabi Sands with a visit to the Kalahari makes for one of the most extraordinary holidays one may want for.
Tswalu within the Kalahari additionally delivers first-class all-around expertise. The range in wildlife and the range in habitats makes mixing these two areas an ideal match.
Earlier than, after, or in between your safari expertise, rounding the journey off with a go-to to the world’s most lovely metropolis is a must.
Month by Month at Singita Ebony Lodge
Cape City is a distinctive metropolis filled with improbable eating places, bars, and a delightful pure environment.
With transport hyperlinks throughout South Africa being a number of the finest on the continent, transferring across the nation could not be simpler!
October – April:
The climate is heating in the course of the day and cooler within the morning and evenings. We suggest informal summer time garments (shorts and funky shirts) and a heat jersey/sweater for the cooler occasions of the day.
May – September:
That is Fall and Winter and the temperature will probably be gentle in the course of the day, however colder in the mornings and evenings.
The authority suggests informal mild clothes and a really heat parka/jacket for the extraordinarily chilly mornings and nights.
Greatest Time to go on Safari
Southern Africa is a year-round vacation spot. Historically the dry winter months (April to October) are finest for recreation viewing, as a result of shorter grass, lack of foliage, and the absence of water which forces the sport to pay attention across the remaining sources of ingesting water.
Annual rainfall, often within the type of quick afternoon thundershowers that clear up within an hour, happen from December to March.
Many species give start to their younger across the beginning of the rains, so the bush is alive with new child animals.
What to Take at Singita Ebony Lodge
Your safari suitcase, packed correctly, will guarantee that you have got the whole lot you want for the final word African bush expertise.
Cotton clothes in impartial colors are beneficial for all recreation drives and bush walks.
It’s best to keep away from white clothes and darkish colors for bush actions, as they have a tendency to draw sure bugs.
Formal put-on shouldn’t be required at any of our lodges.
Authority suggests packing the next
- Snug walking footwear/observe footwear/mountain climbing boots for walks, and sandals to put on across the lodge.
- Swimming costume/bathing fits, solar block, solar hat, sun shades, lip balm, mosquito repellent (Lip balm and mosquito repellent are offered for all our friends, however, you might be welcome to carry alongside your favorite model).
- Digicam and video digicam, binoculars, spare reminiscence playing cards, and charging gear. Using unmanned aerial automobiles (also referred to as drones) is strictly prohibited at Singita.
- Please notice that within the occasion of rain throughout a recreation drive, waterproof ponchos will probably be offered for friends’ consolation.
- All of the lodges are positioned in distant areas and subsequently, friends ought to bear in mind to carry an additional pair of correction glasses (if required), contact lens answer and an additional set of contact lenses(if required) in addition to an enough provide of any prescription remedy.
Singita Ebony Lodge is positioned on the Sand River that runs via the Singita Reserve. There are 12 tremendous luxurious suites and a shocking communal space that appears over the sand river.
The salon and library in the main lodge open onto a timber terrace where guests may dine both inside and out. A first-rate wine cellar completes the restaurant’s outstanding menu. After a guided bush walk or wildlife drive, guests may unwind with sundowners or enjoy fireside supper in the traditional open boma. A well-stocked spa and gym provide a tranquil retreat where you may think back on your African safari or stay in shape.
Other Recommended Reading
- Thomson Safaris Kilimanjaro – A Guide from Tourists
- Safari near Victoria Falls: What Other Travelers Follow
- Great Migration Serengeti – A Wonder of the Wild
- Serengeti National Park Facts and Tour
- Busanga Plains – Camping and Wilderness Safaris
- Sossusvlei Camping and Trip for Adventure Lovers
- Namibia Safe Road Trip Guide for the Daredevils
- 32 Essential Tips on Namibia Guided Tours
- 11 Memorable Safari Trip Options to South Africa
- That is Why Travelers Find South Africa Safe to Travel
- 12 Great Attractions of Zimbabwe Safari Experience
- Unique Attractions of Mozambique Tours and Travels
- What to See in the Madagascar Tours and Travels
- Great Attractions of Thrilling Malawi Safari
- 11 Great Spots to Spot in Botswana Safari
- Ultimate Namibia Road Trip Itinerary
- How Much does it Cost to Travel to Zambia?
- Adventurous Kenya Safari Tours for Daredevils
- Zambia Safari Tips for the Adventure Lovers
- 13 Best Places For Safari Trip to Zambia