Savute Safari Lodge is a beautiful resort with many positive reviews, competitive costs, activities, and features. Stretching from the Linyanti River all the way in which to Savute Marsh, the winding waterways of the Savute Channel have pumped life into the western part of Chobe National Park for a lot of hundreds of generations.
Savute Safari Lodge Botswana
Nonetheless, this fickle and unpredictable channel, which has an enchanting historical past of flooding and drying up, independently of fine wet seasons and flood ranges elsewhere, has mystified native inhabitants, geologists, and others for a few years.
Savute Safari Lodge has a down-to-earth really feel and attracts an eclectic mixture of a company that gets pleasure from nice hospitality, pleasant employees, and a few wonderful guiding, all in a high game-viewing area, notably throughout the dry season.
The Savute Safari Lodge itself might not go well with these wanting an extra bushcamp really feel, however, the eating space overlooking the channel and close by waterhole is a giant plus.
The area additionally affords distinction to the Okavango Delta, through a larger variety of guests than within the non-public reserves could make it really feel much less unique.
- Open dates: 1st March – 31st January (closed in February)
- Location: Savute Area of Chobe National Park, Botswana
- Lodging: 12 luxurious chalets on raised platforms consisting of 11 x twin bedded suites and 1 x Household room with two bedrooms, the second bedroom can accommodate a 3rd baby on a roll-out mattress
- Activities: Guided recreation drives in open 4×4 automobile, the company also can get pleasure from a go to to the traditional San rock work at Gubatsa Hills
- Kids: Youngsters over the age of 6 years are welcome. Households with youngsters aged 6-11 will probably be required to book non-public actions at a further value
To make sure a personal and enjoyable setting, Savute Safari Lodge accommodates simply twenty 4 company in eleven thatched chalets constructed of native timber and one household room which consists of two double bedrooms.
The chalets, which have been elegantly furnished in calm impartial tones to mix with the pure setting, function expansive non-public decks, a mixed bedroom, and lounge space, and en suite amenities.
Sink into one of many quite a few snug leather-based, wooden or wicker sofas within the lounge – and library – or sip a cocktail within the fashionable bar.
All these amenities are located in a good-looking two-story thatch-and-timber primary construction.
Savute Safari Lodge affords a shaded viewing deck, an alfresco eating space, and a swimming pool with spectacular pool loungers – preferred for watching the various wildlife – together with the resident Elephants – as they make their method to the Channel to drink, bathe and play.
Actions are organized around recreation drives all through the Savute space in open 4×Four safari automobiles.
Many journeys will incorporate a go-to to the Savute Marsh to provide you an opportunity to see the historic presence of the Savute Channel on the marsh in opposition to a backdrop of teeming wildlife.
Friends also can get pleasure from a go to the traditional San rock work at Gubatsa Hills – a small hilly outcrop which varieties a distinguished landmark within the in any other case flat panorama.
Savute Safari Lodge boasts the second-largest summer season Zebra migration in Africa; its timing is decided by the rains, however often happens between November and December and once more between February and April, when the Zebras transfer from the rivers within the north seeking the rain-ripe grasslands and full waterholes within the southwest of the park.
The migration is at all times adopted by massive numbers of predators – the Zebra migration is a should for guests.
Savute Safari Lodge: Facilities
- Property facilities Bar, Laundry Service (Complimentary), Library, Pool, Restaurant
- Room facilities Balcony / Deck, Dressing Gowns, En-Suite, Fan, Hair Dryer, Laundry Service (Complimentary), Lounge Area, Mosquito Nets, Safe, Shower, Tea / Coffee, Verandah
- Activities on-site (some activities may be seasonal) Bird Watching, Game Drives, Game Viewing
Luxury Family Chalet
- Luxury thatch and timber 2 bedroom chalet raised on an expansive private deck
- Both bedrooms have en-suite bathrooms each with a shower, vanity, and toilet
- Sliding doors leading off both bedrooms and lounge area, onto an expansive shared deck
- Fans in all guest rooms
- 220V Plug points for charging equipment
- A range of African biodegradable soaps, conditioning shampoo, hand wash, body lotion with insect repellent, and shower caps are supplied in each room
- A hairdryer is available from the lodge reception
- Tea and coffee making facilities in each room
- Flashlight available in each room
- Gowns supplied in each room
- Battery operated reading lights, desk light, and bathroom light at night
- Umbrella’s for the rainy season
- Small safe for valuables
- Emergency air horn for emergency situations
- Safari Chalets
- Small safe for valuable
Other Recommended Reading
- Jamala Wildlife Lodge Canberra – Reviews | Phone
- Aquila Private Game Reserve – Safari | Reviews | Address
- Ngorongoro Crater Lodge Tanzania- Amenities | Reviews
- Sabi Sabi Earth Lodge – Reviews | Rooms | Amenities
- Singita Sweni Lodge – Amenities | Rooms | Reviews
- Shishangeni Private Lodge Kruger National Park – A Review
- Zambia Mfuwe Lodge – Amenities | Reviews | Rooms
- 18 Kenya Safari Park Destinations – Top Rated in Reviews
- Nairobi National Park Safari – Travel Plan | Reviews
- Kambaku Safari Lodge – Address | Location | Reviews
- Umlani Bushcamp – Reviews | Amenities | Highlights
- Silvan Safari Lodge – Reviews | Amenities | Highlights
- Motswari Private Game Reserve – Amenities | Reviews
- The Boulder Creek Lodge – Reviews | Amenities
- Geiger’s Camp South Africa – Reviews | Amenities
- Elephant Plains Game Lodge Kruger National Park
- Simbambili Game Lodge – Amenities | Highlights | Reviews
- Dulini Leadwood Lodge – Contact | Reviews | Price
- Tengile River Lodge South Africa – Reviews | Contact | Location
- Londolozi Tree Camp South Africa – Reviews | Contact