Located on a stunning acacia island overlooking Hwange National Park’s huge and animal-rich floodplain, Somalisa Camp is a small, intimate tented camp whose vibrantly African decor pays tribute to the golden days of safari—and whose modernity and a full vary of facilities remind us that in so some ways, that golden age is true now.
Somalisa Camp Hwange Zimbabwe
Positioned on a non-public concession deep inside the coronary heart of Hwange National Park, Somalisa Camp, and Somalisa Acacia can supply a number of the finest sport viewing alternatives inside the park.
After a 4-5 hour street switch from Victoria Falls or a 40-minute constitution flight, you’ll find your self indulging within the easy luxuries these two camps have to supply.
Somalisa Camp is located within the midst of Hwange National Park, the biggest wildlife reserve in Zimbabwe, identified for its huge herd of elephant and buffalo.
Somalisa Camp is a distant and conventional bush camp and presents visitors with private and unique safari expertise.
Each of the camps is nestled below a wonderful grove of Acacia bushes, permitting some spectacular views throughout the plains at the entrance of the camp.
Somalisa Camp, the bigger of the 2, has 7 luxurious en-suite tents all with their very own easy luxuries, making these tents greater than comfy.
The principle space presents all that you may want together with a small plunge pool over trying the bustling waterhole, which is the primary focus of the camp.
Somalisa Acacia is an extra intimate camp with solely Four luxurious tents on low picket platforms, these aren’t any much less luxurious than the opposite camp.
A smaller waterhole, which frequently turns into very busy within the dry season, is positioned completely in the entrance of the small however interesting important space.
The 2 camps are subsequent to one another and due to this fact present identical actions.
Recreation Drives by way of the non-public concession, evening drives, safari walks, and sport viewing from the disguise are all on supply to you and will preserve you greater than occupied all through the day.
Nonetheless, in the event, you select to calm down in camp, you’ll be able to reap the benefits of the consolation of the rooms or watch the sport wandering by way of, to and from the waterhole.
At a Look
Set in it is a personal non-public concession, Somalisa Camp presents you a unique sport viewing expertise without the danger of working into numerous different autos and with the added bonus of the ability to evening drives inside the concession.
Scan the branches for lounging leopards as you drive by way of the quiet teak forest
Sit on the sting of the pool and search for into the eyes of the planet’s largest land mammal
Cease in one of many extensive vlei’s, gin and tonic in hand, because the solar goes down – then take an evening drive again to camp following the beam of the highlight because it picks up the nocturnal animals
Watch the large bull elephants stand and wait on the photovoltaic powered water pumps – they know when the solar turns into highly effective sufficient to get them working and do not miss out on a single drop
Lodging at Somalisa Camp
With solely seven tents, Somalisa affords Micato safaris the peace and privateness that make for excellent safari experiences.
With the tents’ flaps rolled up, the encompassing greenery sparkles, fowl music offers a soothing soundtrack, and the floodplain solely yards from our non-public verandahs invite animals to drink and disport as we sip cocktails in leisurely and brilliantly quiet luxurious.
Every elegantly designed and embellished Somalisa tent options the total vary of facilities, together with massive en suite loos, indoor and outside showers, wood-burning stoves, and sitting and writing areas.
The camp’s eating and lounge areas supply expansive views of the floodplain and its small splash pool is situated close to a pure waterhole frequented by elephants and a number of Hwange’s smaller however no much less fascinating mammals and birds.
Actions and Points of interest at Somalisa Camp
Hwange National Park is Zimbabwe’s largest, oldest, and most rigorously protected wildlife protect.
Recreation viewing within the park primarily based from Somalisa is kind of merely magnificent, given the park’s extensive number of landscapes and its animal-attracting floodplains, all of them a part of what the good photographer Peter Beard knew as “a paradise caressed by gentle and air of their most particular kinds.”
The fabled Huge 5 roam freely in Hwange (the park’s elephant inhabitants is one among Africa’s largest) and 400 fowl species soar and chortle.
The park is residence to uncommon gemsbok and brown hyenas, and engaging Cape wild canine is quite a few.
Seeing these canines as they affectionately work together earlier than happening a zealous hunt is a deal with even for knowledgeable safari-goers.
“Probably the most enthusiastic of animals, they stay the life home canine want they could stay,” says zoologist Rosie Woodroffe.
Of be aware: Somalisa Camp is situated close to amazing colossal Victoria Falls, making it an excellent spot to incorporate in a Micato Customized Safari.
The various seasons in Hwange can have a huge effect in your pockets and Safari expertise.
The Inexperienced season (wet season) will see unimaginable fowl and bug life however lowered animal sightings. Nonetheless, lodge costs generally are dramatically lowered providing actually good worth.
The Excessive season (dry season) is when animals congregate in huge numbers across the waterholes and National Geographic kind scenes are commonplace. That is peak season and lodge costs escalate considerably.
Please be at liberty to contact us with particulars of your preferences and permit us the chance to debate which era of 12 months goes to swimsuit you finest.
**NB** Hwange Lodges within the peak season recovering from the book, it’s advisable to plan and e-book effectively upfront to make sure you get what you need.
Hwange National Park, Zimbabwe
All rooms have:
• En-suite bathrooms with flush toilet, his and hers washbasins, copper slipper-style bathtub, and indoor and outdoor showers
• Overhead fan
• Mosquito nets
• Gauze sliding doors
• Writing desk
• Storage space
• Tea/coffee making facilities
• Covered deck with views of the local waterhole
• Located on a Private Concession.
• Professional and knowledgeable guides
• Many activities including game drives, night drives, walking, and a game viewing hide
• Great game viewing possibilities
• Can be paired with other safari camps in Mana Pools (Zimbabwe) and Botswana, in some of the best safari areas in Africa
• Long transfer time by road, but within the national park, making it a game drive as well.
Write or Read Reviews
• Group dining in the main lodge
• Private dining on request
• All meals are included
Facilities and Services
• The tented main lodge has a dining area, lounge with a small library, bar and outer viewing deck
• Splash pool
• Electricity supply via generator, solar and paraffin lamps
• Armed escort in the evenings
• Laundry Service
• Satellite phone in case of emergencies
• Activities (offered at both camps): Bird watching; Game drives; Guided walks; Night drives
Fully Inclusive Rates Include
• All meals and local drinks
• National Parks fees
• Two activities per day (see details above)
• Transfers from the nearest airstrip
Fully Inclusive Rates Exclude
• All premium imported brands and champagne
• Conservation fees
• Somalisa Camp: Children below 7 years are not allowed, except by special request.
• Somalisa Acacia: Children of all ages are welcome. There are 2 family units at the camp.
• Children below 16 may take part in nature walks around the camp, but may not go on walking safaris.
How to Get to Somalisa Camp
• Fly-in by charter flight, 40 minutes from Victoria Falls, and then take a 30-minute road transfer into camp.
• Road transfer from Victoria Falls via Main Camp – approximately 4 to 5 hrs.
Somalisa Camp contact details
|Phone:||+27 (0) 21 201 6787|
Other resourceful websites about Somalisa Camp
Other Recommended Reading
- Jamala Wildlife Lodge Canberra – Reviews | Phone
- Aquila Private Game Reserve – Safari | Reviews | Address
- Ngorongoro Crater Lodge Tanzania- Amenities | Reviews
- Sabi Sabi Earth Lodge – Reviews | Rooms | Amenities
- Singita Sweni Lodge – Amenities | Rooms | Reviews
- Shishangeni Private Lodge Kruger National Park – A Review
- Zambia Mfuwe Lodge – Amenities | Reviews | Rooms
- 18 Kenya Safari Park Destinations – Top Rated in Reviews
- Nairobi National Park Safari – Travel Plan | Reviews
- Kambaku Safari Lodge – Address | Location | Reviews
- Umlani Bushcamp – Reviews | Amenities | Highlights
- Silvan Safari Lodge – Reviews | Amenities | Highlights
- Motswari Private Game Reserve – Amenities | Reviews
- The Boulder Creek Lodge – Reviews | Amenities
- Geiger’s Camp South Africa – Reviews | Amenities
- Elephant Plains Game Lodge Kruger National Park
- Simbambili Game Lodge – Amenities | Highlights | Reviews
- Dulini Leadwood Lodge – Contact | Reviews | Price
- Tengile River Lodge South Africa – Reviews | Contact | Location
- Londolozi Tree Camp South Africa – Reviews | Contact