Hyena Pan Tented Camp is a luxurious and peaceable tented camp primarily based in a non-public concession bordering the Moremi National Park. This article will give an overview of the Hyena Pan Tented Camp.
Deep inside the Khwai Reserve, Hyena Pan Camp is a simple camp with a view of a bustling watering hole that attracts a lot of elephants during the dry season. Eight tents make up Hyena Pan, and inside, we chose a motif of chic simplicity and a ton of personality. Because the site is not walled in, hazardous animals might enter at any time. The pool is not enclosed by a fence.
The Mopane Pan which the camp overlooks is a pure supply of water for a lot of species of wildlife together including hippos, elephants, and buffalo!
Bordering the Moremi National Park and Chobe National Park, the camp is positioned in the most effective spot for intensive wildlife viewing, together with hippo, elephant, buffalo, and lots of fowl species.
Hyena Pan Tented Camp Review & Botswana Safari
Hyena Pan Tented Camp has eight tents, and inside, we’ve plumped for a theme of fashionable simplicity, and an entire lot of character.
You’ll discover the whole lot you want, and nothing you don’t. Every tent has twin beds, which may simply be made into doubles – and there’s no hole to fall via in the midst of the evening, we promise!
Mesh nets hold the mozzies out, and there’s a digital secure to retail valuables, together with a baggage rack and wardrobe.
Our eco-conscious minds have been additionally at play once we designed Hyena Pan Tented Camp, and every tent is photo voltaic powered, with worldwide plug factors.
A fuel geyser pumps fixed scorching water to the ensuite rest room and bathes in your stay at Hyena Pan Tented Camp.
Amble right down to the center of the camp, and also you’ll discover the eating deck and lounge areas.
Keep watch over the comings and goings on the waterhole from a slouchy couch at Hyena Pan Tented Camp, or float within the mini-splash pool and watch the wildlife doing the identical beneath.
Meals here at Hyena Pan Tented Camp are healthful and attractive, and after you’ve completed munching, the evening is the finest spent within the open-air boma with a nightcap (or two or three).
When darkness falls, a staff of Hyena Pan Tented Camp illuminates the waterhole and all its David Attenborough-Esque motion, sadly without the voiceover.
Lodging & Facilities
- eight tents (all twin)
- Ensuite bogs with indoor showers
- Splash pool
- Wifi out there: No
- Hairdryers: No
- Battery charging amenities: Within the mess tent & in the room
- Complimentary laundry service
- Little one coverage: we welcome kids aged 6 years and older
- Disabled entry: please enquire about reservations
Why You’ll Love Hyena Pan Tented Camp
Positioned within the inside of the 200,000 hectares Khwai Non-public Reserve, Hyena Pan Tented Camp gives good worth for cash and an all-around implausible safari in a non-public concession.
With solely eight, not too long ago upgraded tents, the camp is intimate, snug and welcoming.
Spend a day within the floor degree conceal, a favorite amongst photographers, and seize some photographs that you’ll keep in mind for all times.
Positioned subsequent to the one everlasting supply of water for miles around (a magnet for wildlife – elephants particularly), you don’t even want to go away from the consolation of your room for top-notch wildlife-watching.
Sport drive throughout the dry plains and alongside the Khwai River, and hold your binoculars on the prepared for predators, majestic elephants, buffalo, and hordes of plains recreation.
After a tough day’s recreation viewing, calm down within the open-air boma to look at the hearth crackle and take heed to the sounds of the evening.
Each of the inexperienced and dry seasons in Khwai has its very own charms, and we quite like each.
When the rains fall from December to March, the world floods, and also you’ll discover astonishing numbers of hippos, elephants, and buffalo, accompanied by a rainbow-colored array of water birds.
The rains do nevertheless scatter the wildlife far and vast, and you could have to journey just a little additional on recreation drives throughout these months to identify the wildlife.
Because the grass grows, it’s barely more durable to identify predators, however, worry not!
This cowl of grass implies that the wildlife doesn’t see you coming, and the intimacy of the encounter is to not be sniffed at.
In Botswana, winter brings scorching desert solar (fortunate for some) and the seasonal waterholes evaporate, while smaller ones dry up fully.
At Hyena Pan Tented Camp, the water stays, animals flock to the final droplets of water, and there’s drama aplenty between predator and the unfortunate prey.
June, July, and August are historically the most effective occasions for recreation viewing in Botswana, however, don’t rule out September and October both.
And no matter if you go, we’d suggest no less than three nights and two full days, to find the whole lot it is advisable to.
In case you are driving to Hyena Pan Tented Camp, please click right here to obtain our instructions.
- Inexperienced season: 10th January to 31st March
- Shoulder season: 1st April to 14th June; 1st November ninth January
- Excessive season: 15th June to 31st July; 1st September to 31st October
- Peak season: 1st – 31st August
- Take pleasure in morning and afternoon recreation drives via the 200,000-hectare concession and alongside the Khwai River.
- Get an awesome view (and a few fairly good photographs) of the wildlife from our floor degree concealed alongside the waterhole.
- Swap a hippo’s-eye view for a bird’s-eye one, and spend the morning or afternoon atop a five-meter excessive elevated platform, near the camp.
- Take a recreational stroll with certainly one of our informative guides.
One of many perks of being well-established within the safari business is that we get trusted with issues, which is precisely what occurred with Khwai Non-public Reserve.
Beforehand, the reserve was quite unimaginatively referred to as NG18, so we’ve assigned it the catchier moniker of Khwai Non-public Reserve, after the Khwai River that runs via it.
The reserve borders the luxurious Moremi Sports Reserve to the south and the wilderness of Chobe National Park to the east, each of that is a part of the bigger Okavango Delta World Heritage Web site.
It’s additionally one thing of a hidden gem and customer entry is restricted to a small handful of friends at Pure Choice’s camps.
Hyena Pan Tented Camp itself overlooks a pure water pan from a forest of cathedral mopane, a mere 12 kilometers north of the Khwai River.
The flight to Khwai Non-public Reserve from Maun is roughly 35 minutes, after which it’s an hour-long drive to Hyena Pan Tented Camp from the airstrip. It’s additionally attainable to drive right here from Maun, and it takes between three and 4 hours.
We’re not exaggerating once we say that Khwai is certainly one of Botswana’s densest, big-game areas.
Chobe National Park is simply to the north of our reserve, the place dense mopane woodland attracts the world’s largest inhabitants of the elephant.
We’ve heard mutterings of seven,000, however many scientists imagine there are nearer 10,000 trunk-swinging pachyderms within space.
And the most effective bit? There are not any obstacles and definitely no fences interrupting their motion into Khwai. Fortunate us!
Your binos might be buzzing on recreation drives from Hyena Pan Tented Camp. Giraffes and elephants come from the north, while herds of buffalo and zebra migrate from the south, becoming a member of the resident hippo who struggles fiercely for his or her house.
Out on recreation drives, you’ll study the distinction between kudu and tsessebe, and distinguish uncommon roan antelope from the even rarer sable antelope.
And don’t get us began on the birdlife; it’s as various and multi-colored because of the resident’s massive recreation.
Then come the large cats. On some Botswana safaris, you take pleasure in temporary glimpses of those predators. However, in Khwai, we go one step additional.
Guides know precisely the place the territorial strains are drawn, and what to search out the place.
There’s a very good probability you’ll see a lion on the prowl, and a leopard slinking via the timber, in addition to cheetahs and even wild canines.
The luxurious and tranquil Hyena Pan Tented Camp is located on a private concession next to Moremi National Park. In Khwai Private Reserve, which borders the well-known Moremi Game Reserve, is where you’ll find Hyena Pan Tented Camp.
Tucked away in a cathedral mopane tree forest. Tented safari camp The Hyena Pan is located in a private concession that borders Botswana’s Moremi National Park and the Khwai River.
Other Recommended Reading
- Addo Elephant National Park – Location | Animals | Safari
- Singita Ebony Lodge – Amenities | Reviews | Rooms
- Mosi oa Tunya National Park – Safari | Drive | Rhino | Walk
- 22 Best South African Safari Parks with Adventure
- 20 National Parks in Zambia – Overview | Reviews | Safari
- 20 Zimbabwe National Parks – Overview | Facts | Safari
- Chobe National Park Botswana – Facts | Reviews | Safari
- 11 Mind-blowing National Parks in Botswana
- 10 Best National Parks in Mozambique for Adventurous Safari
- Lower Zambezi National Park – Safari | Weather | Location
- Ngorongoro Conservation Area Tanzania – Safari
- Tarangire National Park Tanzania – Safari | Animals | Weather
- Lake Manyara National Park Tanzania – Safari | Activities
- Maasai Mara National Reserve Kenya – Wildlife | Safari
- Arusha National Park Tanzania – Wildlife | Location | Safari
- Kafue National Park Zambia – Animals | Weather | Travel
- Thakadu River Camp – Reviews | Contact | Directions
- Madikwe Safari Lodge – Reviews | Directions | Amenities
- Kapama River Lodge – Reviews | Location | Reserves
- Chobe Safari Lodge Uganda – Location | Activities | Camping